Internships are delivered by:
Red Kite Teacher Training
Northern Lights Teaching School
Bradford Birth to 19 SCITT
Paid Teaching Internships
in North & West Yorkshire and Calderdale
Maths and Physics
- Four weeks paid summer internship for current university students
- Starts Monday 14th June 2021
- Experience teaching in Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale or North Yorkshire schools
- Gives you the opportunity to decide if teaching is for you
How does it benefit me?
- You will find out if teaching is right for you by being immersed in school life.
- You will gain employability skills relevant for any career/sector.
- You will gain a unique insight into teacher training and the application process.
- You will meet current trainee teachers to find out more about teacher training.
What do I need to qualify for the internship?
- Applicants will be current university students.
- You must have an ‘A’ level at B or above in Maths or Physics if your degree subject is not Maths or Physics.
- Your degree subject should be related to Maths or Physics.
How do I apply?
Email email@example.com for an application form.
What happens next?
Upon successful completion of the internship, we guarantee you an interview for our teacher training course and support with an early entry application.
The majority of interns’ time will be spent in the classroom. A Professional Learning Programme, based on that provided to trainee teachers, will include sessions on child development and learning, safeguarding, managing behaviour and SEND, outstanding teaching and learning and assessing and evaluating teaching and learning.
Support through the programme will be through mentoring, paired placements, group meetings and an online learning platform including a discussion forum and reflective journal.